Tossing up whether to holiday in Yamba or Byron Bay?
Here’s 10 reasons why Yamba beats Byron, thanks to our friends at Coffs Coast Advocate.
- Way more secret spots: Here in the Clarence we have little back beaches with great breaks. Even during school holidays these aren’t as jam-packed as Byron.
- Family-friendly: In Yamba, there is plenty to do for the whole family. It’s not over-run by recently-18 Gold Coasters like Byron.
- It’s right on our doorstep: Why drive an hour and a half when you can just duck down the road to beautiful Yamba?
- Supporting local business: Spending your time and money in the local region means money stays here.
- Less reported shark attacks (this year at least).
- More choice/variety – Turners Beach, Main Beach, Convent Beach, Lovers Pt, Pippi Beach all within walking distance, & surfing mecca Angourie just down the road.
- Better fishing – located at mouth of Clarence River, Byron doesn’t have an estuary.
- Less annual rainfall = more sunny days – Byron 1,729.7mm(68.1in) v Yamba 1,452.3mm (57.2in).
- Off the beaten track – not overrun with tourists or blocked up by traffic.
- Free parking
For more info and full story – Coffs Coast Advocate.